What You Can Do!
The most important single thing you can do is to stop eating animal products.
Becoming a vegetarian doesn’t mean just eating salad, of course. Foods like falafel,
vegetarian cholent, pasta primavera, bean burritos, and a whole world of Indian
and Asian cuisine are just the tip of a culinary universe for you to explore.
Spread the Word!
You can also help inform others about vegetarianism.
- Speak to your friends or Jewish groups
- Pass out leaflets
(to request large quantities free of charge, email
- Have a speaker talk at your synagogue (see JVNA's
- Write a letter to your synagogue newsletter or
local Jewish publication
- Get your rabbi to introduce a resolution
on Jewish vegetarianism at a rabbinic convention
- Or simply wear a button or put a bumper sticker
on your car!
To join the JewishVeg
mailing list for updates and articles on Jewish
vegetarianism, to translate
parts of this website into Hebrew, to receive email
alerts on urgent legislation, or to volunteer for projects
to spread the ideas of Jewish vegetarianism, please
You can also follow us on Facebook,